NOTD: Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in Gilded Lily

Today I have a Limited Edition color from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure line. Gilded Lily was made for Prabal Gurung's Fall 2012 collection.











This polish is what I would call a tarnished gold. It is full of micro flakie glitter. It could also be thought of as a glass fleck. The flakies are trapped in a sheer base. Application wasn't the best, some spots built up on my nails more than other spots. This is 3 coats, with the first coat being thin and easy to see the nail through. I think the large brush that Complete Salon Manicure bottles come with was more a detriment for applying this polish.

It is beautiful on the nail and it sparkles in almost any light.  The flakies really capture the light and throw it back at you. I'm not usually a gold lover, but I am happily wearing and staring at this beauty. While this was a LE polish, I have heard many times that Golden Eye from the OPI Bond collection is a dupe. Though I don't have that polish so I cant confirm it.

2 comments :

  1. I looked all over for this when it first came out with no success (it was a Target exclusive, right?) I am glad to hear that Golden Eye is at least close because I know I can find that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a Target exclusive. I snagged one and then never saw it again. And yes Gilded Lily is a dupe for Goldeneye...though Gilded Lily came out first. Not that it matters!

      Delete

Copyright © 2013 The Stash at Emerald & Ash and Blogger Templates - Anime OST .