NOTD: Marc Jacobs and Urban Decay


Today I bring to you what I qualify as an ugly pretty color. It's one of those colors that you either will love or hate. I just so happen to adore it, but I love odd colors. 

This past year Marc Jacobs launched his own beauty line which was picked up at Sephora. Included in his line are a handful of nail polish colors. Of course the first thing I noticed was the packaging. As I am a sucker for beautiful looking things. The next thing I noticed was that the single swatch that I did of Lux, was a streak-less swatch that was instantly glossy. A pretty big deal for yellows. After much hemming and hawing over a few months I ended up grabbing Lux and another shade from the line up. Lux was an instant must for me as it is that perfect mustard yellow. When I did my manicure I decided to pair it with a vintage Urban Decay polish that I had finally gotten my hands on. It goes by the name of Burnout and is in the same duochrome shade that has made others like Clarins 230 and Max Factor Fantasy Fire so wildly popular, flashing from pinkish reds to greens. Urban Decay was amazing at putting out unique and ahead of the time polishes. Burnout on it's own is a sheer creamy off white color. It could be layered to opacity, but it would take awhile. So instead I layered it over Marc Jacob's Lux to give it some extra visual interest. 


{Outdoor: full sun}






Availability: Marc Jacobs Lux can be found both at his own online store as well as online and in stores at Sephora. Urban Decay Burnout is no longer made; possibly found on blog sales.
Coats: 2 coats or Lux and 1 coat of Burnout

0 comments :

Copyright © 2013 The Stash at Emerald & Ash and Blogger Templates - Anime OST .